Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Disneyland


Disneyland and me go back 20+ years!! :)

July 2nd 2011
It was when I was around 6 or 7 years of age that my neighbor gifted me with a coloring book. It was special then because of the Disney characters that were presented to sketch and paint; so many of them. I was a little into drawing at that time and a big fan of Mickey Mouse. Would make greeting cards with Disney characters and present to my cousins on their birthdays. I still remember the submarine, castle, fireworks, carnival parade... from the drawing book which used to be brought to life upon coloring them.
2 to 3 years down, there was this one regional movie which I still watch and cherish called "America America" (a Kannada movie). This movie is about how 3 friends get into their ways of life and portraying the American dream of a young adult from a village in India. It's an awesome watch and I personally relate so many aspects from the movie to my current US stay!! Indian movies being song and dance oriented, had a couple songs showing around places in the US and also included Disneyland. The picturing of the carnival and characters was so lively as if we made a US visit by watching the movie.
Now, i.e., 16 to 17 years from the movie release time, I have lived in the US for 4+ years, had my family visit me, took them around various places in the US including Anaheim in CA and you know what's in Anaheim, CA. Yes, you guessed it right. It's Disneyland... Not until my mom reminded me of the coloring book, I was able to retrospect how the Disney imagination was lived for real.

The idea behind this blog going back in time is that, we would never have imagined how life would take turns and give an opportunity of something one dreamt in the childhood days. Luckily for me, Disneyland stands right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment